I have to admit that it has been interesting to read these, but obviously until now I have not posted my own weirdness for all to see. However, since Rebecca tagged me, I'll let you in on just a bit of my......shall we say, oddities.
- No matter how tired I am, I can't fall asleep without reading at least a few pages of a book. Even last night when I was so worn out that I fell asleep while watching TV, by the time I made it to the bed, I had to read just a couple of words before the book was falling out of my hand, and I was able to sleep.
- On a related note, I sleep the sleep of the dead, but once I have been awakened and made to talk, or if I see a light on I am up, no matter the time. Hence my crawling out of bed after a paltry 4 hours of sleep. Mr Fix-it talked with me, I responded, and then The Terror wanted the hall light on. Double whammy. I'm up for the day. Sigh. It's 6:38 am here, and I've been up since 4:40 am. Shake of the head.
- Because of the above, it has to be absolutely dark for me to sleep well. Hard in a house where the youngest kid has to have the hall light on to fall to or back to sleep. Maybe I need one of those mask things.
- I guess I'll keep it on the topic of sleep since it's really what I would like to be doing now. My worst nightmare~~getting caught in a tidal wave. Haven't had this one lately, but it wakes me to shortness of breath and cold sweats everytime. Wonder what a shrink would say about that?
- I used to dream about my teeth falling out~~I have TMJ issues, and those dreams were my body's way of waking me if I were grinding my teeth. Haven't had the dream or ground my teeth since. Jaw pain next to nil. This weirdness I'm glad for. Beats having the popping and pain in my jaw.
- Mr Fix-it used to work shift, and his schedule would swing every month. Month of days, month of nights. I was a nervous wreck for many of those years that he was working at night. When I was finally able to fall asleep in the wee hours of the morning, I often did so with a knife under my pillow. The only thing that broke me of this was having toddlers in the house who would come in my room at night. I was afraid that they would get hold of the knife. So I put it away, but still had the fear. One day during my Bible reading I came upon this verse in the Psalms. I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, LORD, only makest me dwell in safety. Psalm 4:8 KJV. I memorized the verse and meditated on it as I would get in bed each night. Before long the fear was gone, and I haven't been afraid at night since.
Who I'm tagging......no one. If you want to post feel free. It was quite an eye-opening experience for me (no pun intended).
Well, it's almost 7am now, the sky is lightening, and the kids will be up soon to enjoy their Christmas gifts. I'll post about our Christmas later. It was quite nice, but exhausting, in a good way, as usual. We're on a break from school, so I have some down time to knit. I'm to the cuff on my Chocolate Raspberry Truffle socks~~they are almost to my knee. If I put in a three inch cuff, they probably would be. I'll see how they look after a two inch cuff and will determine how to go from there. Obviously, I wasn't able to wear them yesterday. But will finish them this morning. I'm heading downstairs to start some tea and pull them out now. After they are done I have just a few rows to finish the Wool Peddler's shawl~~should be done before the weekend. I'm looking forward to having these two off the needles and some new projects to work on.
Hope everyone had a great Christmas!